Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Reminiscence and Hope

Eleven years ago, my mother woke me up one morning. I walked out to the living room and everyone was in front of the TV. I didn't really understand what I was seeing at the time, since I was only ten, but I watched a plane crash into two skyscrapers. That was the day the Twin Towers collapsed. And now I sit at my laptop, listening to Skylines and Turnstiles, a song written by My Chemical Romance that was inspired by the event. To everyone who lost loved ones on that fateful day, my heart goes out to you.

But this isn't just a post about painful memories and sadness. There's happiness, too. A few days ago, I was contacted for a custom order on Etsy, and I was ecstatic at the prospect. I made a $70 sale and felt proud of myself. Maybe all this self promoting is actually getting me somewhere and it gives me a little bit of new hope each time I see that someone's bought something I worked hard on to make it the best it can be. So I just want to thank everyone that's shopped at Moony's Plush Plaza. It's greatly appreciated.

Until next time.
Cheers

P.S. Being sick really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment